Alberto Nocentini l'Etimologico Vocabolario della lingua italiana Le Monnier
In this etymological dictionary of the Italian language, the author takes us on a journey through time and space that is full of curiosities and history: from the Indo-European origins of Latin words to exotic Arabic loan words, from the numerous Gallicisms to the frequently condemned Anglicisms.
Each word has the date of its earliest attestation in the Italian language, a brief indication of its classification, information about its recent
and earliest etymology, comparisons with forms that exist in other contemporary European languages, especially Romance languages but also Germanic, Slavic and Celtic languages, as well as information on pronunciation, grammar and meaning.
Databank: [version: 2010]
● 48,000 entries
● 27,000 derivatives, compounds and variants
● Every prefix and suffix in the Italian language
● Date of the first attestation of every word
Search software: [version: 6.10.ETIM.2]
• Direct search of the headword index
• Advanced search by field:
- Entire text
- Etymological classes
• Use of wild-card characters and logical operators
• Instant search of every word within an entry
You can buy l'Etimologico in the online + downloadable versions for just 44.80 €! TRY! - BUY!
l'Etimologico is also available in the online version for just 19.80 € TRY! - BUY!
Giacomo Devoto - Gian Carlo Oli il Devoto-Oli 2015 Vocabolario della lingua italiana Le Monnier